Editor's note 1: change of plan - I realised that I'm writing this as therapy for myself, and because it saves a lot of "I told you so" at a later date. So read it or don't read it, I shouldn't worry about ratings - they only corrupt my journalistic integrity...
Editor's note 2: see what I'm about to post for reasons why you, the sensible public who prefer a slight reduction in civil liberties to having the crap blown out of you, need me to defend your views.
Dear loyal reader
Thanks for visiting this site over the past few months. You are in a very exclusive group that is becoming ever more so. Readership has dwindled to single figures per day, so I have decided enough is enough.
I'm not sure whether it's because I write badly, or if I write offensive stuff, or if my views make some readers uncomfortable because it's alarmingly true, or if I'm just boring.
Please feel free to suggest alternative subjects, or to send me articles that you enjoyed or pissed you off, and I will deconstruct them or deconstruct you, depending on whom I agree with.
Topics I have on my list for the coming weeks are:
- The London Olympics 2012 and what role Ken Livingstone will play in the archery contest
- Cuisine, including restaurant reviews and Jamie Oliver crying in a walk-in fridge
- Freedmanswife; the ones who got away (Gellar, Kournikova etc)
- why we should have trade not aid, and how Chris Martin may have the solution
- some good Jewish jokes; and some better non-Jewish ones, ie "A man calls his mother-in-law and says he'll be late for dinner. The mother-in-law says 'no problem' "
It's sad to say that the peak of 100 or so readers a week was only reached after I started writing the political stuff in the aftermath of 7/7. Who would have thought that terrorism could improve ratings and readership? This discovery is the stuff films are made about. Oh. They already have.
So if you enjoy reading my stuff, and know other people who might, please send them a link. If readership hits 100 visitors a week again, I will hold a big kedgeree brunch in your honour. If it stays at current levels, I will post a picture of me in my birthday suit, and cease writing in 6 weeks.
Thanks for sticking with me to the end!